Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: The Highlights

In no particular order. I present the highlights of 2012.

My mother surviving a massive heart attack.

Celebrating 11 years with my soulmate. Officially "over a decade"

Clan Murraan's 3rd birthday bash. Specifically the look on everyone's face when Stephen Stanton and Rick Fitts skyped with us.

Celebration VI. Being part of it was truly a once in a lifetime event. I can never thank Kathy and Dutch enough for making it happen for me.

Long Beach Comic Con. Again, thanks to Dutch and Kathy, I got a chance to "go home" for the first time in nearly 20 years. And I get to meet so many new friends.

Discovering that Jack is Aspergers. Highlight? Finding out my son is gifted, but has some challenges? yeah, I'll call it a highlight, because I will never think of him as anything else.

"Legend of Drunken Jedi Master"

Kelli becoming PTA president.

Jack started 3rd grade.

Driving down to Austin to march in a parade with my best friend.

Road trip up to Tulsa and getting my first artist sketch of me in armor.

Becoming ID-9386 of the 501st Legion.

The smile on an autistic boy's face when he discovered my goatee.

Elliot discovering Superman.

Discussing Superman with Stephen Stanton

Making Rick Fitts an Honorary Murraan.

Meeting Michael Gregory

The look on Dutch's face when I slipped him a coin.

Spending a week with my wife and kids. Even if we were all sick, I love being with my family.

Elliot's first white christmas.

6 years at my job. Longest I've ever been with an employer.



2013, you gotta lot to live up to.











No comments:

Post a Comment